ORPINGTON BADMINTON CLUB
Come Play with Us!
ABOUT THE CLUB
• We are Orpington Badminton Club (OBC), one of the oldest in this area, we've been around for almost 70 years!
• We have around 25-30 members, all adults of different ages from 19 to 65. Some who play competitive social to county members.
• OBC sadly does not cater for beginners or juniors.
• We are a non-profit club so at the beginning of the season we just work out the costs of the hall and shuttles and divide it between members.
• We use feather shuttles.
• We have the use of three courts (the whole hall) at The Priory Leisure Centre.
• Lighting is good and free of any obstructions. There is free parking.They have changing and shower facilities should you need them.
• We have no clicky groups and always promote fair play. Were a friendly bunch but competitive at the same time.
• We have developed a ladder system where similar skilled people play each other for 75% of the night and the rest is via a peg system. How does this work? Around 8 are designated to each group. People play with different partners and the winners of the group can be promoted to another group and losers relegated from that group. - It's great fun! We have found this makes for very competitive games; people love it. When the ladder is not in use we drop down to a peg board.
• OBC traditions promote fairness and getting everyone to have a good night of badminton.
• Orpington Badminton Club is currently affiliated by Badminton England
• We cater for intermediate to experienced players throughout the year in Orpington.
• We play in league matches against clubs entering in Orpington/North West Kent and Ravensbourne.
• The club currently hires courts on Thursday evenings for our club night between 8:30pm - 10:30pm @ Priory Link Leisure Centre, Tintagel Rd, Orpington BR5 4LG
ORPINGTON BADMINTON CLUB COMMITTEE
Club Captain / Chairman
Club Secretary / New Member Enquiries
Club Treasurer / Match Secretary